Let’s Fix Construction Workshop:
- When: Friday, July 28 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM (90 minutes presentation, 30 minutes Q & A)
- Where: Main conference room, PIVOT Architecture, 44 W. Broadway, downtown Eugene
- Cost: Free (bring your own lunch though)
- This session will be an interactive problem solving event. The class will be divided into “teams.” The organizers will identify a unique problem in architecture, engineering, and construction to each of the teams. A captain will be assigned to each team to ensure all team members participate in the solution.
- Each team will have 15 minutes to brainstorm an out-of-the box, collaborative, forward-moving solution to the given problem. At the end of each 15 minute session, each captain will take the floor and have two minutes to present the team’s solution to the room. There will be at least three judges to determine the best forward thinking solutions for each round.
- The intent of this session is to improve communication, collaboration, unique ideas and the sharing of perspectives from different disciplines.
· Learning Objectives:
- To identify and learn about common conflicts and issues in AEC identified by industry members firsthand.
- To evaluate the perceived gaps in project delivery that cause these problems.
- To discuss and problem-solve four identified common issues in AEC as a group to learn collaborative and communicative solutions.
- To recognize and identify how brief meetings among AEC team professionals can lead to positive solutions.
Continuing Education Learning Units: 2 AIA LUs
RSVP to Randy Nishimura, AIA, CSI, CCS: email@example.com before July 25, 2017